Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life is too short and is passing me by!

It's been a little more than four months since I posted last. Where did those months go? Where has my life gone?
Last time I posted on here, I had just lost my Dad. I still can't believe he is gone. Life is too short and it is passing me by too quickly.
Lately I've been thinking about that very thing. I have been pondering my own mortality. I realize that more than half my life is over now. That's a scary thought. Seems like just yesterday I was a young girl, looking towards the future. Dreaming about becoming someone I never was to  be. I had big dreams back then. I was going to be a Princess, or a Nurse. But I always wanted to be a Mom. I wanted to have a dozen children, and live in a big castle somewhere in the Mountains. I would never have to worry about money, or bills, or cleaning house. Life would be fun and easy, and all my dreams would come true.
OK, so I dreamed a fairytale. Don't most little girls?
Life has not been all I dreamed it would be. I am no princess, I never was able to go to college or to become a Nurse. I don't live in the mountains, and I don't live in a castle. I am anything but a princess. I have bills coming out of the cracks in our foundation, and I have no money. I live in a house that may soon not be mine anymore. My credit has plummeted and life is not easy. I have to clean house on a daily basis, and life isn't always fun. The life I dreamed, was just that, a dream.
But I am a Mom. I have 4 wonderful children, and 6 wonderful grandchildren! Yes, even if my dreams were just dreams, I have still been blessed. I have not been a perfect Mom, but I have done the best that I could. There were times when I failed, but I don't think my failures have out-weighed my good deeds. I hope that their good memories out-weigh any bad ones they may have. I have loved with a love that has had no boundaries. I have tried to raise my children with the knowledge of the Gospel, and what life is all about. I have taught them right from wrong. I have taught them the value of work. I have tried to teach them all the important things in life. I have, I hope, given them a good foundation upon which to build their own lives.
I wonder what my legacy will be. I wonder if they will think of me when I am gone, and if I have taught them well in life. Will I be missed? Will they think of me with a smile on their faces, or with sadness in their eyes. And if so, for how long, before I am merely just a memory?

1 comment:

  1. I do have some really sad memories of my childhood, but I have some great ones too. I love our family videos because they show we had some really great times and I always long for those again. For me the good really do out-weigh the bad. I love you and will of course miss you immensely when you're gone. Who will I call when I'm sitting in the bathroom working some magic? Love you.

    ReplyDelete